Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a long awaited update!

So...crazy...but our time here is almost done. It's hard to believe!!! Time has really flown by! We've been busy as usual! This past weekend, we ran a 10k race with other eMi people. It was a lot of fun. We didn't win, but we certainly were not last. (the winner ran it in 29 minutes!! can you believe that? I know that genetically it would be impossible for me to do that!!) There were at least 10,000 people who ran the 10k so we really enjoyed being wrapped up in a sea of people. The fun part was that there were so many Africans that it was easy to pick out Caucasians we knew because we stuck out like sore thumbs.

We also went and saw the new James Bond movie. It was the first time that I forgot I was in Uganda since we have been here. It was a weird feeling for sure!

Outside of having fun with our emi friends, we've been keeping busy by playing with children at 2 different orphanages and continuing to work hard with AAI. The Lord is certainly opening our eyes more and more to just how may children are in great need of some big love. Our family system in the world is even more broken than I had thought. It's really sad, but at the same time, it only increases our desire to adopt in the future. We don't know when, but it would be a blessing if the Lord allows us to do that. The children here are certainly one of the biggest things we are going to miss here!!!

As for work, it's been going great for both of us. The building of the children's center in Bukaleba is continuing the show great progress. Peter and I actually had the opportunity to visit Bukaleba about a week ago. It's actually really exciting! I can't say it enough, but we feel SO blessed to be a part of this process. Currently, I am in the process of writing up the policies of the babies home. It's super crazy to think that what I write up, with the help of Paula, is going to be the foundation of how the home is run. What a privilege!!!!

Well, I bettee get back to work, but I hope that you are all doing well and have enjoyed this brief summary of our life here in Jinja.
With much love
~lindz

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hi!

I was just searching bukaleba/emi/AAI and I came accross your blog. My name is Andrew and I will be interning with emi this coming Spring. And as of now my first project is the children's home at bukaleba. I would love to ask y'all about it, or just be in touch.

my email is amb785@gmail.com

I will be flying to Uganda on the 19th.